Functional Nutrition is nutrition-based health care that focuses on building health by restoring proper physiological functioning of the body. When you have multiple symptoms, they are clues to the ways in which your body is not functioning the way it should be. Rather than suppress those symptoms with natural or pharmaceutical agents, we want to “read” those symptoms to understand which systems of your body need support to get back on track and get you healthy again.
By looking at your whole picture — diet, symptoms, illness history, medications, lifestyle, stress, lab work, toxic exposure, history of antibiotic use, etc., we are able to put together an overall plan. That plan serves as a trail map of the nutrition your body needs to regain health and prevent illness.
What can a consultation can do for me?
- Help you identify the exact nutrition your body needs to get well and stay well. You are unique and your nutritional plan should fit you, your body, and your current situation.
- Give you a solution focused, dietary roadmap for improved health and well-being
- Provide you with a realistic plan and steps for making changes.
- Familiarize you with purchasing and using foods that may be new to you
- Refer you, as needed to other health professionals or collaborate with others on your health care team
- Provide you guidance to purchasing high quality, safe, pharmaceutical grade nutrition products based on your body’s needs
What health issues can Functional Nutrition help?
We work with a vareity of health concerns. Each person has a unique combination of imbalnces that manifest in different ways:
Brain / memory
Cancer treatment or post-treatment support
Chronic digestive problems
|Diabetes or prediabetes
Environmentally induced toxicity
|Lack of energy
How to get started
Call 734-994-5549 for a no charge 10-15 min. chat to see if what we offer is a good fit. If so, make an appointment for an initial consultation.
- Plan on 60-90 minutes for the first visit so we can throughly review your situation and what has led up to it.
- Often I will suggest blood, urine tests or stool analysis to help identify nutrient imbalances or imbalances in gut microbes. These are things we know give rise to many / most symptoms and are key tools to creating an individulaized plan. Individual plans include eating guidelines based on your health needs, supplement recommendations if needed, lifestyle recommendations, support resources.
- The cost of time spent reviewing test results and creating your plan is built into the first visit cost.
How much does it cost?
- Initial consultation $300
- Follow up billed at $140/hr or $35 for increments of 15 minutes
- No charge for quick follow up questions via phone or email between visits to a limit of 15 min.
- Zoom consultations available or Phone appointments (phone for follow up only). Further questionsIf you have any questions or are ready to schedule an appointment, please call: (734) 994-5549